Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanks for all the comments!

I have a great family.

My last entry was born of a hard day. I was yelled at by a customer, frustrated with my boss (not Michael), and dealing with past hurts and wounds. I wasn't even sure if I should post what I wrote.

Michael has challenged me to write more often. To write even when I don't feel like writing. My last post was part of that challenge. I was dealing with some sour feelings, and instead of just curling up and cutting myself off, like I usually do, I forced myself to write. That post was more of an exercise than anything. I wasn't fishing for encouragement. But I was truly blessed by the encouragment I received.

Thankfully, those rough days are few and far between anymore. I've come a long way! I've learned a lot about myself in the past 5 years, and am thankful for the journey God is taking me on. I am very blessed by an amazing family. Not only my biological family, but the family I married into 11 years ago. When I married Michael, I knew that I was being blessed by God giving me the best He has for me. I had no idea, however, the depth of the gift He gave me in Michael's family. I have a best friend in my sister-in-law. I have parents that are supportive. I have grandparents who have shown me more love than necessary. I have an aunt and uncle who I consider friends. I am truly blessed by the Deeter/Johnson/Lantz/Monhollon clan! :)

On a side note, in regards to those hard days. I have to laugh at times at an old SNL sketch with Al Frankin. He did a character named Stuart Smalley. He had a mantra to get you out of a funk, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!". It's a funny sketch, but there is some truth to it. Sometimes you just need to tell yourself those words. Here's a clip of an old sketch with Michael Jordan. It's a very low quality, but it still makes me laugh:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, aren't you glad you wrote even when you didn't feel like it? I'm grateful for the positive responses you received.

Dana said...

Awww... thanks. :) That's nice.